VB Conveyor and Hose Network (Pty) Ltd Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is intended to make you aware of how the company collects information, what we do with it, how it is processed and how it is stored.
Who we are:
We are a wholesale mining supply company supplying our clients with all mine related products and services in the North-West and Mpumalanga provinces of South Africa.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics for example:
- Company names and contact numbers
- Email addresses
- Employee names and relevant HR information
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Customer communication requesting quotations and/or billing
- Supplier communication regarding purchases and / or payments
- Human resources and payroll related functions
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Communicate effectively with our clients and accurately bill them
- Communicate effectively with our suppliers and ensure accurate records and payments are made
- Accurately manage all of our staff records and payroll related payments in line with Labour law compliance
We may share this information with:
- External auditors
- BEE verification agencies
- Our Bank
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; Or
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
1. Digitally on secure computers that are all password protected and equipped with the necessary anti-virus software. Back-ups are done virtually and all information is protected via firewalls.
2. Some information is stored on hard copies. All hard copies are securely locked and kept in access-controlled areas.
We keep your information for as long as is necessary, dependent on what the information is, as required by Legislation (i.e. Income Tax Act; Companies Act; Labour relations Act; Basic Conditions of Employment Act etc)
We will then dispose your information by completely shredding all hard copies and deleting digital copies.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Trevor Broodryk at email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request VB Conveyor and Hose Network (Pty) Ltd to correct or supplement any of your personal data which VB Conveyor and Hose Network (Pty) Ltd will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Trevor Broodryk will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting VB Conveyor and Hose Network (Pty) Ltd from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Trevor Broodryk
Address: 37 Ko-operasie Street, Brits
Phone Number: 012 252 1848
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark P.O Box 31533 Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za